The spooky season is quickly approaching with Halloween less than a week away! The perfect way to top off any scary Halloween costume is with a beautiful, bouncy, curly mane.
Thanks to Curlformers®, it could not be easier to give your hair that extra lift to make all your friends jump! We’ve pulled together three Halloween inspired curly looks that could be a real treat to make at home.
Scroll down for some tips on how to create your creepy costume – curls included!
Day of the dead sugar skull with corkscrew curls
- Detangle and smooth hair with the HairFlair® Large Paddle Brush
- Divide curls into 4-6 sections, start by parting your hair in the middle from the front of your hairline
- Using the Curlformers® Corkscrew Styling Kit, gently glide your divided sections through the Curlformers® using the styling hook provided in the styling kit
- Repeat on each section of your hair
- Once hair is dry, remove Curlformers® and tease out the hair from root to tip
- Finish your curly look with a floral hair band to give the ultimate scare!
- For your face, use face paint to create a white base and add skull features including sunken eyes and floral decoration
- Add glitter and a bright bold lip colour to finish the look!
Mermaid fever with barrel curls
- For small tangles and knots, use your fingers to detangle
- Use Flairosol to dampen hair with water to add some slip to your curls
- Apply Curlformers® Barrel Curls Styling Kit to damp hair to create soft curls
- To achieve maximum volume use the HairFlair® Deluxe Softhood® and attach your hairdryer to it. Switch your hairdryer to low heat; dry your curls for 30-45 minutes
- When curls are completely dry, gently slide the Curlformers® off your hair
- Separate the curls and using non-toxic coloured hair spray, transform your hair to light pink and blue hues
- Using make up, highlight the face using purple and pink tones to create beautiful tones and #mermaidvibes
Merida from Brave with spiral curls
- Become the bravest Disney princess and channel Merida’s wild curls by using the Curlformers® Spiral Curls Styling Kit
- Insert the Curlformers® kit into damp hair using the styling hook
- Allow for hair to naturally dry
- Remove the Curlformers® from your hair and tousle out with a HairFlair® Large Oval Brush
- Backcomb hair to create, wild and wind swept look
- Using kohl eyeliner, add freckles to your face to become the fearless warrior princess!
Try out our chilling, fun curly looks and tweet us @HairFlairCom or Instagram at @HairFlairCom using #LoveYourHair and #ACurlyHalloween